Friday, September 2, 2011

A Day At School With Cora

Because I have been home-schooled my entire education attending Mountain View Community College has defiantly been a challenge for me. A year and a half ago I started attending there with my older sister Morelle. However, last May Morelle graduated with her AA degree and has since forth moved on to a complete higher education at Texas Womens University.

This semester though I have blessed to have my younger sister Elsie up at Mountain View with me. Although this is still our first week of class I can already say that it has been a delight having her! :)

On Tuesdays and Thursdays my school day begins at 6:15. My alarm goes off and I groggily get out of bed. After showering, dressing, and putting on make-up I only have 30 minutes till it is time to leave. Quickly I pack a lunch for Elsie and eat something on the way out the door.

At 8 o'clock my Biology class begins and I settle in for an hour and twenty minute lecture. Following that I go downstairs and complete any assigned labs with my friend Sarah Rice

When Biology is over I meet Elsie and together we hangout with our friends Sarah and Rebecca Rice for our brief break between classes. After saying goodbye to them we head downstairs to the 'dungeon'. I have dubbed this hallway as such because it often is dark and crowded.

Making our way through the congestive crowd we reach our Math class. Elsie and I have been fortunate to have a very kind and helpful math Professor named Becky Heiskell (pronounced with a slight accent as High-school). When this class is through we head down the hall for our next class from 12:30 - 1:50 - Spanish.

Even though this has only been our first week of class our Spanish Professor, Elsa Salina-Coronado has already plunged right into the proverbial meat of the course.
When this class is though I give Mom a call on my phone and shortly after she comes and picks us up!

Because this is still our first week of class some would think that you can't make a clear judgement of the semester. However, I disagree! For me first impressions are very important. All for of my Professors have posed very fair and genuine approaches to their subjects; and I believe whole-hardheartedly that this will be a good semester. Hopefully with great determination and perseverance I will succeeded in each of these subjects!

I also believe that it is the same for you.  If you are willing to do your very best and attempt the assignments given to you by your Teacher(s)/Professor(s) then in my opinion there is no room for failure. This is my prayer for you and hopefully yours as well! Have a blessed semester!!

 ~ Cora 






No comments:

Post a Comment