Friday, January 8, 2016

The News You've All Been Waiting For...

I know, you've been sitting on the edge of your seat, awaiting an update on my trip to Bulgaria, like you may wait expectantly to see the ending of your favorite television show... It has been a grueling and crazy eight months in the making yet the day has finally come.

I am thrilled to announce that I am officially leaving for Sofia, Bulgaria on January 24, 2016! Praise the Lord! First, I would like to thank you for your role in my journey to this point! I so deeply have appreciated all of your gifts, prayers, and sincere questions. They have meant more to me than you know!

Once arriving in Sofia, I will take a few days to rest and recuperate from my travel. Following that I will commence work at Sofia Christian Academy (SCA), where I will be assisting and overseeing the language arts portion of education for a wonderful group of first through fifth graders. Alongside my work at SCA I may also be helping out with additional team responsibilities. However, with ever-changing ministry needs, my portion of these tasks are still to be determined.

Just recently, my budget was drastically reduced by Mission to the World  to help me travel sooner and I was given a newly designated title of Volunteer Intern. My new budget, with the funds that have been received, are enough to cover my travel costs and basic needs. However, some costs not included in my intern budget are: international insurance, personal (non-food) purchases, souvenirs/gifts for family and friends, and tourist travel/activities.

If you would like to give to help cover these costs (and any others that may arise) gifts can be sent to:

219 Tanglewood Drive, Duncanville, Texas 75116 
Please note that Mission to the World is no longer accepting gifts on my behalf and gifts sent to the above address are not tax deductible. 

I would greatly appreciate prayer as I prepare and travel to Sofia. Below are listed a few specific prayer requests:

  • Visa - That all of my required documents arrive before my departure. I will also have to take an overnight trip to Greece, during my time in Bulgaria, to finalize and process my visa paperwork. Please pray that this time goes smoothly.
  • Health  - That I will remain healthy throughout the course of travel and bounce back quickly from any jet lag.
  • That the Lord would calm my nerves and prepare me to serve and share his love with others!
Thank you in advance for your continued prayers and support! Without a strong support system, like you, this opportunity would not be possible! While I am overseas I do not intend to send physical update newsletters. I may write a few email updates but my blog and Facebook will be my primary place of sharing! Please check back often to find out how God is working in and through me in the months to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment